Looking for a way to use up fridge leftovers? These mini-frittatas are completely versatile – throw in any mix of vegetables, meat or cheese.
These ones are made with red peppers, potato, onion and a handful of frozen peas.
Cheap, healthy, easy and delicious.
I haven’t done a recipe blog post in what feels like ages. Truth be told, it’s because I haven’t cooked anything new or interesting for a while. Nothing I feel worthy of sharing anyway! Summer has consisted of variations of salad, and there are only so many posts I can do about chicken salad or fish salad before I fear I am boring everyone!
I am almost excited for winter. Just because I love cooking the winter soups and stews. I hear autumn in Canada is beautiful – and I am definitely ready for the weather to turn a bit cooler.
I am a big fan of the ‘using up you leftovers’ recipes. I normally make a veggie pasta or an egg fried rice dish – however, I decided to try something new this week and make mini-frittatas.
You really can throw whatever you like into these – so as long as you have a handful of veg in the fridge and a few eggs, this is pretty much a free meal. And the whole ‘mini’ thing means they look kind of impressive too, even though they are super easy to make.
The Recipe: Mini Vegetable Frittatas
Makes 6-8 mini-frittatas
What you will need:
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cut into cm cubes
- 50 cheddar cheese, grated
- Milk (about 20ml)
- 25g frozen peas
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Oil/ butter for greasing tin
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Boil the chopped potato for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, lightly fry the onion and pepper. You can skip this step if you like – the end result will just be crunchier!
- Grease a muffin/ cupcake tin
- Stir together the potato, pepper, peas, onion and divide the mixture between the cupcake tin.
- Beat the eggs, milk, half of the cheese, salt and pepper together. Pour the egg mixture into the cupcake tin.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the frittatas.
- Serve and enjoy!